Thursday 6 March 2008

First Thoughts on PebblePad

Journal Entry
First thoughts on how user-friendly PebblePad is.
Reflection
I have not found PebblePad easy to use as part of PHE413. This is probably because I don't know where to start so it has fallen to the bottom of my priorities. This year has been extremely busy and I have to use my time effectively. So it is better in the short-term to spend an evening marking papers rather than spending time learning how to use PebblePad. But I'll never learn how to use it if I don't take the time to explore it.Another reason why I don't find it easy to use, is because I like paper! I like having instructions I can flick through and think about on the train and mentally plan what I'm going to do before sitting at a computer.Finally, a major flaw (for me) of PebblePad, is that it is computer based. If I'm at the computer I'll get distracted by emails etc.The video tutorials are helpful but they kept causing my computer to crash!

No comments: